Destination: South Korea

Wednesday, March 23, 2016


So, the day finally arrived. I couldn't believe I was leaving my country for 4 whole months, to go all the way to KOREA!

Three months ago, I would not have even thought about it. But you never know where life is taking you next... Anyway, February 27, I set foot on a 30-hour flight from Guatemala to South Korea. I arrived Monday February 29, in Incheon Airport. If you didn't know, it has been voted the 2nd best airport in the world... NICE.

What were my first impressions? First the cold... Immediately after going out of the airplane, I felt the -3° of that Monday at 4:30a.m. welcome me with a not so warm embrace.
Then, a little bit of disappointment, as I realized most airport staff I talked to couldn't speak that much english... being it an international spot, what could I expect of the rest? Nevertheless, it was really quite beautiful airport, although I was not able to experience it as much as I would've wanted, since the cultural area was in the departure zone. So I guess I will be telling you more about it when I visit it again.

And then, the snow... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I was really very lucky and blessed, it was the last 2-3 days of snowing.. just enough for me to love it and not die of cold.

That morning, after a 2-hour bus ride from Incheon to Gongju, I arrived safely at Kongju National University campus... Where I met some of the other foreigner students and university staff. Everyone was very friendly and most of them did speak good english, so I felt a little relief.


You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Instagram

Subscribe